Unfortunately, people experience employment issues daily. If you believe you have experienced any inappropriate, degrading, or insulting conduct from an employer or colleague, you may have a claim. Give our firm a call today to speak with a skilled Midlothian employment attorney today. We are on your side.
WHAT ARE THE MOST COMMON EMPLOYMENT LAW ISSUES THAT ARISE IN THE WORKPLACE?
There are a number of different issues that can arise in the workplace. They include the following:
- Sexual Harassment: While this behavior is inappropriate, it, unfortunately, occurs frequently, even in the workplace. Our firm understands how degrading, insulting, and, in some cases, frightening this experience can have to an individual. If you think you are a victim of sexual harassment in the workplace, our firm will do whatever it takes to hold those responsible for this unacceptable behavior.
- Employment Discrimination: Employers are prohibited from discriminating against their employees as a result of particular protected characteristics, including race, age, disability, religion, sex, or gender. If you were demoted, not hired, wrongfully terminated, or were otherwise punished as a result of one of your protected traits, you may have a viable discrimination claim.
- Worker Retaliation: If you recently experienced unlawful practices or other mistreatment in the workplace and you were retaliated against by your employer, Virginia law may be on your side. Employers are banned from retaliating against employees for specific protected conduct – typically reporting illegal activity, and our firm is here to help you each step of the way.
- Wrongful Termination: Virginia is an employment-at-will state, which means that employers can legally hire or fire anyone, and for any basis. However, if you were fired because you were discriminated against, retaliated against, or in violation of public policy, you may have a valid claim.
- Wage and Hour Law Disputes: Employers in Virginia are responsible for paying eligible employees the state minimum wage and, in many cases, overtime pay. If you believe that you qualify for minimum wage or overtime pay and your employer is unwilling to comply, you should reach out to our firm today. We can help you obtain the pay you need to move forward.
It is important to mention that if you are facing any of the above issues, it is in your best interest to reach out to our firm today. You are not alone and there are options. Give us a call to analyze the details of your case and the best solution for you. We look forward to hearing from you.
CONTACT OUR VIRGINIA EMPLOYMENT ATTORNEY
If you need help with an employment law matter in the state of Virginia, you can count on Passero Employment Law to effectively represent your interests. If you would like to discuss your matter, please contact Passero Employment Law today.