Our firm understands how stressful an uncomfortable work environment can be. Whatever you are facing, you can count on our firm to ensure you and your rights are not being violated. Give us a call today to get started. Our skilled Midlothian employment attorney is on your side.
What are the most common employment law issues that arise in the workplace?
- Sexual Harassment: While this behavior is unacceptable, it unfortunately happens frequently, even in the workplace. Our firm recognizes how degrading, insulting, and, at times, frightening experiencing this can be. If you believe you are a victim of sexual harassment in the workplace, our firm will work to ensure those responsible for this behavior are held accountable.
- Employment Discrimination: Employers are banned from discriminating against their employees because of particular protected characteristics, like race, age, disability, religion, sex, or gender. If you were demoted, not hired, wrongfully terminated, or were otherwise penalized because of a protected trait, you may have a discrimination claim.
- Worker Retaliation: If you recently documented unlawful practices or other mistreatment in the workplace and you were retaliated against by your employer, keep in mind that the law may be on your side. Employers are prohibited from retaliating against employees for certain protected conduct, and our firm is here to help you.
- Wrongful Termination: Virginia is an employment-at-will state, which means that employers can lawfully hire or fire anyone, and for any basis. However, if you were fired because you were discriminated against, retaliated against, or in violation of public policy, you may have a viable claim.
- Wage and Hour Law Disputes: Employers in Virginia are liable for paying eligible employees the state minimum wage and, in many circumstances, overtime pay. If you feel that you qualify for minimum wage or overtime pay and your employer is refusing to comply, you should speak with our firm today. We can help you obtain the pay you need to live.
If you are facing any of the above issues, do not wait to reach out to our firm today. You are not alone and there are solutions. Give us a call to discuss the specifics of your case and your options. Our firm is on your side.
CONTACT OUR VIRGINIA EMPLOYMENT ATTORNEY
At Passero Employment Law, we understand it is difficult to confront problems in the workplace or face litigation. With that in mind, we take a solutions-oriented approach to our representation – focusing on the right process and the right solution for each of our clients. If you need help with an employment law matter in the state of Virginia, you can count on Passero Employment Law to effectively represent your interests. If you would like to discuss your matter, please contact Passero Employment Law today.