Our firm recognizes how overwhelming and difficult it is to experience any kind of discrimination in the workplace. If you are facing this unfortunate situation, do not wait to reach out to our firm today. With a dedicated Chesterfield County employment discrimination attorney on your side, you can feel confident knowing that your best interests will be put first.
What are the different kinds of discrimination in the workplace?
Some of the most common instances of discrimination in the workplace include the following:
- Religious Discrimination: Religious discrimination occurs when employees are treated differently because of their religion, religious beliefs or practices, and/or their request for accommodation for their religious practices. If you believe that your employer discriminated against you as a result of your religion, you may be qualified to file a discrimination claim against your employer.
- National Origin Discrimination: This is discrimination as a result of an individual’s actual or perceived place of birth, country of origin, native language, accent, or ancestry.
- Age Discrimination: Age discrimination happens when an employer treats an applicant or employee differently because of their age (applicable to age 40 or over). For instance, companies might refuse to hire or will fire employees just because of their age. If you find that you lost your job, were downgraded, or were otherwise punished because of your age, you may have an age discrimination claim because your employer may have violated the Age Discrimination in Employment Act or Virginia law.
- Race Discrimination: Race discrimination means that your employer has discriminated against an individual on the basis of their skin color or their racial origin in the workplace.
- Disability Discrimination: Disability discrimination refers to discrimination against individuals as a result of a disability, perceived disability, or record of disability. Disability discrimination also includes refusing to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with a disability. If have been a victim of discrimination due to a disability, you are protected under the Americans With Disabilities Act and Virginia law.
- Other protected classes: Additionally, Virginia protects employees discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, and status as a veteran.
Do not wait to reach out to our firm today if you believe you were discriminated against by your employer. Our firm will fight for you and your rights each step of the way. Give us a call today to get started.
CONTACT OUR VIRGINIA EMPLOYMENT ATTORNEY
At Passero Employment Law, we understand it is difficult to confront problems in the workplace or face litigation. With that in mind, we take a solutions-oriented approach to our representation – focusing on the right process and the right solution for each of our clients. If you need help with an employment law matter in the state of Virginia, you can count on Passero Employment Law to effectively represent your interests. If you would like to discuss your matter, please contact Passero Employment Law today.