Thousands of Americans find themselves in a toxic work environment due to harassment every year. If you have been a victim of such harassment at your place of work, you may have claim against your employer. Continue reading to discover some common examples of harassment in the workplace and the steps you should take if you believe you are being harassed in the workplace.
Examples of Harassment in the Workplace
If you have been subjected to any of the following, you may have a claim against your employer:
- Offensive jokes
- Behavior that creates a hostile work environment
It is important to understand that anyone can be exposed to harassment in the workplace, regardless of their gender, race, or sexual orientation.
What should I do if I am harassed in the workplace?
If you feel you are being harassed in the workplace, it is best to create a plan of action to protect yourself from further harm:
- Contact your supervisor and/or the HR department
- Preserve any evidence of the harassment
- Cooperate with any investigation
- Be candid and honest with management and HR
- If you find that no changes have been made after reaching out to your supervisor or the HR department, speak with an understanding Chesterfield County employment law attorney.
Contact an experienced Chesterfield County employment attorney
If you need a Chesterfield County employment attorney who has experience handling harassment and hostile work environment claims, please reach out to our firm. Contact Passero Employment Law today to schedule your initial consultation.